A couple years ago, HPDI’s formulator, my father Hank Liers, PhD decided to reformulate our already excellent kids multivitamin—the Kids Mighty-Multi!—to make it better. His intentions were good: the world’s best designer of adult multivitamins would improve the best children’s vitamin.
My quandary? While Dr. Hank was busy at work reformulating our kids multi, the existing—and uber-excellent—original Kids Mighty-Multi! went out-of-stock, and never came back. Suddenly, my seven-year-old son’s “go-to” multivitamin was gone…indefinitely!
I took action—kids vitamins became my obsession—because I wanted the best multivitamin for my child. I searched everywhere for high-quality kids vitamins. Leaving no stone unturned, we tried them all—including organic, whole food, gluten-free, vegan-friendly brands with glossy labels. Did we find good ones? Not really.
What DID we find? Well, not much—and a lot. That is, not much in the way of high potency, high-purity, or advanced forms, like coenzyme vitamins. And a lot of false promises and junk ingredients. Like sugar and corn syrup and GMO ingredients—even from “reputable” brands.
Not to mention artificial sweeteners, colorings, flavorings, as well as toxic preservatives and fillers, which are the de facto standard in conventional products. Natural products are better—not always by as much as you’d expect.
MY MULTIVITAMIN WISHLIST
Now in label-induced miasmic SHOCK…I proposed a reversal of terms. I simply wanted a lot of good things—like complete, balanced nutrients—and not much in the way of toxic additives.
Reeling, I scrawled a brief manifesto or “wishlist” for my ideal kids multivitamin:
“Great taste, high-purity, balanced nutrients at optimal levels, chewable; sugar free, non-GMO. No artificial ingredients, especially toxic sweeteners like aspartame or sucralose. No harmful additives or preservatives like sodium benzoate, BHT, or propylene glycol (no antifreeze please!); a few good-for-you functional ingredients.”
Was I asking *too* much? No way. Yet, I was giving up on finding a suitable kids multivitamin. My son instead began taking an HPDI adult multivitamin (Multi Two Caps) we scaled to his sixty five-pound weight. The taste wasn’t great—so we opened capsules directly into his juices and smoothies—because he’s not ready to swallow capsules or tablets whole. At best…a partial solution.
KIDS MIGHTY-MULTI! BACK — BETTER THAN EVER!
Then. It. Happened. Lighting struck—HPDI’s Kids Mighty-Multi! is BACK! Turns out my dad finished reformulating the world’s best kids multivitamin. He broke the news with a smile. Stunned and unbelieving…I took a breath. My heart skipped a beat. Then I grabbed a bottle!
Who knew it would take two years?—and now, who cares!? This month, HPDI proudly introduces a *new* Kids Mighty Multi!. Worth the wait? Yes. Because the new version is better than ever.
I’ve thrown away my wishlist. My search is over. Yours may be, too. Because no kids multivitamin comes *close* to Kids Mighty-Multi!. See the comparison chart and nutrient table (below).
A SERIOUS VITAMIN FOR KIDS – FINALLY!
What makes the new Kids Mighty-Multi! so good, and so much better? Let me count the ways. Here is a summary of benefits before I dive into discussing them in greater detail.
• Kids and adults love the taste!
• Full-spectrum of balanced, essential nutrients needed for creating, supporting, and maintaining excellent health for your child. Includes natural coenzyme form vitamins and Krebs’ cycle bionutrients that work with young bodies to provide energy for metabolic processes, healing, and optimal health.
• Bioavailable vitamin and mineral carriers the body recognizes and can assimilate rapidly. Plus, multiple carriers of individual nutrients ensure assimilation. Chewable form speeds uptake in the body.
• Variety of well-known herbal ingredients, including quercetin, grape extract, turmeric, broccoli powder, and octacosanol
• Complete, balanced supply of carotenoids, including beta-carotene, lycopene, and lutein
• Functional ingredients built into every aspect of the formula, including the taste-enhancing package, herbal ingredients, and cofactors. Functional ingredients serve multiple purposes in supporting health.
• Flavored using only healthy, natural sweeteners and taste enhancers, including mannitol, fructooligosaccharides (FOS) (from chicory root), organic beet root powder, natural fruit flavor, xylitol, and stevia leaf extract. Taste enhancers exhibiting additional positive benefits (i.e., prebiotic effects, cavity prevention, and antioxidant action).
• NO refined sugars, no corn syrup, and…NO GMOs!
• NO artificial colorings or flavorings, artificial sweeteners (like aspartame, saccharin, or sucralose), or hydrogenated vegetable oils
• Excludes common food source allergens like wheat, corn, soy, and dairy
• Excludes unnecessary excipients, including fillers, binders, and additives
• Foundational formula ideal for providing basic nutrients for health. A high-quality multivitamin is the first step toward a complete nutritional supplement regimen. Formulated to work well with other HPDI foundational formulas, such as vitamin C / antioxidant formulas (like PRO-C™) and essential fatty acids (like Essential Fats plus E).
TASTE-ENHANCING COMPLEX: FUNCTIONAL INGREDIENTS
Kids Mighty-Multi! tastes GREAT! Kids and adults LOVE the taste. From the perspective of your child’s taste buds, that’s *all* that matters.
But I want to talk a bit about the importance of healthy sweeteners…and how the best sweeteners perform double duty as health promoters.
WHY does Kids Mighty-Multi! taste so good? (Did I mention it contains NO refined sugars—or any artificial sweeteners or flavorings?)
Because Dr. Liers created a natural taste-enhancing complex. This taste-enhancing package includes xylitol, mannitol, FOS (fructooligosaccharides), beet root juice powder, natural fruit flavors, and stevia leaf extract.
Dr. Hank selected healthy, functional ingredients—as much as possible—in order to enhance the taste. That means these taste enhancers are not only NOT unhealthy like the refined sugars, corn syrups, and artificial sweeteners I found in so many other kids vitamins. But they are GOOD for you!
Functional sweeteners and taste-enhancing ingredients in Kids Mighty-Multi! include:
• Xylitol – Proven sweetener that is a polyol (sugar alcohol) known to fight cavities, improve bone health, and more! (see: http://xylitol.org/about-xylitol/)
• Mannitol – Natural polyol sweetener with added benefits as an antioxidant. Mannitol surprisingly has a very powerful effect on the hydroxyl free-radical. (see: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9090754). Mannitol serves double duty as a healthy sweetener and important hydroxyl radical free-radical trapper.
• Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) (from chicory root) – Naturally sweet with no or low glycemic index. It is also a prebiotic that supports the growth of beneficial bacteria.
• Beet Root Powder (organic) – Naturally sweetens and colors Kids Mighty-Multi!. Beet is a functional ingredient providing methyl donors and easily assimilable iron. Moreover, Dr. Benjamin S. Frank found beets contain an amino acid the body uses to create its own dietary nucleic acids and a nutrient important to brain function (No-Aging Diet, 81).
• Berry & Fruit Extracts / Flavors – Mixed berry, strawberry, raspberry, and pomegranate. These berry extracts provide extremely good, fruity taste—bursting with berry flavors!
• Stevia Extract – Natural sweetens with little or no glycemic value. Kids Mighty-Multi! contains a newer, improved stevia extract which is de-bittered
• Malic Acid – Provides a naturally tart taste, supports the utilization of magnesium, and feeds into the Krebs’ cycle that makes cellular energy (ATP)
Why is choosing “good-for-you” functional sweeteners and taste enhancers important?
Because despite what adults might wish, sweeteners still comprise the largest percentage of kids multivitamins by weight. That means your child will be ingesting significant amounts (of whatever these sweeteners are) relative to the size of their multivitamin.
Who wants the bulk of their child’s multivitamin intake comprised of sugars, corn syrup, sucralose, or worse (think aspartame)? This is the reason natural sweeteners providing functional benefits make all the difference for health.
COMPLETENESS MATTERS – A LOT!
Kids Mighty-Multi! is nothing if not complete. As formulated by Dr. Hank Liers, it provides therapeutic levels of all essential vitamins, minerals, cofactors, and much more.
If you read labels (like I do), you’ll see most kids vitamins are “hit-or-miss.” They provide certain nutrients, but often completely miss others—usually with no rhyme or reason. (What was its formulator thinking?)
Missing important nutrients is bad for consumers—like you and your child—because all nutrients require other nutrients to “do a body good.” It’s called synergy, and it’s the way our cells are designed to work.
That means if you obtain sufficient amounts of a specific nutrient, but not enough of another, you may be unable to effectively utilize the nutrient you have—because utilization requires the nutrient you *don’t* have. Catch-22, huh? I’ll talk more about this later.
Do your child—and yourself—a favor: choose a complete multivitamin like Kids Mighty-Multi!.
ADVANCED FORMS OF NUTRIENTS…LIKE YOU’VE NEVER SEEN
Then, there are advanced forms of nutrients, like coenzyme B vitamins. Most kids vitamins (and adult multivitamins) offer you the B complex vitamins as synthetic forms. How can you tell? Well, coenzyme vitamin B1 in Kids Mighty-Multi! is from Thiamin Diphosphate and is very different from synthetic “thiamine HCl.” Vitamin B2 is from Riboflavin-5′-Phosphate is not synthetic “riboflavin.” The vitamin B6 is from Pyridoxal-5′-Phosphate is not “pyridoxine HCl.” And so on.
What about vitamin B12 as toxic “cyanocobalamin”? Never. Kids Mighty-Multi! provides coenzyme B12 as methylcobalamin. Other brands sometimes use this form, but then provide synthetic forms for other B vitamins. That makes sense—NOT.
Sure, coenzyme B vitamins cost more to source. But the truth is, your body requires far less coenzyme form vitamins because they are the natural forms found in foods—you easily assimilate and utilize them. Kids Mighty-Multi! doesn’t need large amounts of coenzyme vitamins to give you big benefits.
Meanwhile, synthetic forms are not as easily assimilated—most go through a complex enzymatic breakdown before the body can use them. In some cases (for example if your child lacks certain enzymes due to genetics), syntethic forms cannot be broken down—or used—at all!
Case in point: Folate. Most kids vitamins give you “folic acid,” which is synthetic vitamin B1. A large percentage of the population (including me) lacks the gene providing the enzyme required to process folic acid. If folic acid builds up in cells (because it can’t be broken down), then it can be toxic. Solution: we use coenzyme folate—or 5-MTHF (5-methyl tetrahydrofolate) in Kids Mighty-Multi!. Problem solved.
Recall I said Kids Mighty-Multi! is complete?—and the importance of completeness in a multivitamin? Well, for example, if your kids’ multivitamin only provides synthetic vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl), it won’t be convertable into its biologically active (coenzyme) form without coenzyme vitamin B1 (Riboflavin-5′-Phosphate).
Did you catch that? To convert Pyridoxine HCl (synthetic vitamin B6) to its usable coenzyme form Pyridoxal-5′-Phosphate, you need coenzyme Riboflavin (Riboflavin-5′-Phosphate). You need a coenzyme form of one B vitamin in order to convert another B vitamin to its coenzyme form!
If you have only synthetic forms of these B vitamins, your body must go through multiple conversion processes in order to first convert synthetic Riboflavin into coenzyme Riboflavin so that you can convert synthetic vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl) into its coenzyme B6 form (Pyridoxal-5′-Phosphate).
Yes, you can *survive* on synthetic forms of B vitamins. But why make your body work so hard? Why survive when you can *thrive* (with coenzyme vitamins)?
Why other kids vitamins don’t include coenzyme forms is BEYOND ME. If other brands go with conventional (and sometimes toxic) synthetic forms, so be it. Run, and go with Kids Mighty-Multi!.
Other advanced forms include vitamin D as D3 (cholecalciferol), vitamin K as K1 and K2 (Menaquinone-7), and minerals using Krebs’ cycle carriers (like citrates, malates, fumarates, succinates, and aspartates) that are best recognized and utilized in the body because they plug into the body’s energy (ATP) production system.
KIDS MIGHTY-MULTI!™ NUTRIENT TABLE
% Daily Value
(as beta-carotene from Dunaliella salinas)
(from potassium, magnesium, and calcium ascorbates)
|Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)||50 IU||13|
|Vitamin E (from d-alpha tocopheryl succinate and 5 mg natural mixed tocopherols)||13 IU||42|
|Vitamin K (10 mcg as phylloquinone (K1) and 5 mcg as MK-7 (K2))||15 mcg||18|
|Vitamin B1 (from thiamin diphosphate)||1.6 mg||107|
|Vitamin B2 (from riboflavin-5′-phosphate)||1.6 mg||94|
|Vitamin B3 (80% from niacinamide and 20% from niacin)||12 mg||60|
|Pantothenic Acid (from calcium pantothenate)||5 mg||50|
|Vitamin B6 (from pyridoxal-5′-phosphate)||2.5 mg||125|
|Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)||15 mcg||250|
|Folate (from 5-MTHF – Quatrefolic®†)||50 mcg||13|
|Biotin (pure crystalline)||30 mcg||10|
|Magnesium (from malate)||6 mg||1.5|
|Calcium (from Krebs cycle bionutrients)||6 mg||0.6|
|Potassium (from citrate)||4.7 mg||<1|
|Zinc (from citrate)||1.25 mg||8.3|
|Iron (from fumarate)||0.3 mg||1.7|
|Manganese (from citrate)||0.3 mg||15|
|Copper (from aspartate)||0.125 mg||6.3|
|Chromium (from polynicotinate)||13 mcg||11|
|Molybdenum (from citrate)||6 mcg||8|
|Selenium (from l-selenomethionine)||5 mcg||7|
|Choline (from bitartrate)||6 mg||*|
|Inositol (pure crystalline)||15 mg||*|
|N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC)||5 mg||*|
|Betaine HCl||3 mg||*|
|Quercetin (as dihydrate)||3 mg||*|
|Turmeric (from Curcuma longa) (root)||3 mg||*|
|Broccoli Sprouts Powder||2 mg||*|
|Grape Extract (Vitis vinifera) (from seed, skin, and stem)||1 mg||*|
|Lycopene (tomato extract) (fruit)||200 mcg||*|
|Boron (from glycinate and aspartate)||125 mcg||*|
|Lutein (from Calendula officinalis) (flower)||70 mcg||*|
|Octacosanol (from policosanol)||15 mcg||*|
|Vanadium (from BGOV – bis glycinato oxo vanadium)||6 mcg||*|
* No established Daily Value
† Quatrefolic® is a registered trademark of Gnosis SPD
SCALABLE DOSING – CALLING ALL KIDS – AND ADULTS!
Maybe the best feature of Kids Mighty-Multi! is scalable dosing. Scalability makes it suitable for children and youth of all sizes—and adults, too!
Glancing at Kids Mighty-Multi!‘s label, you might assume it’s as low potency as the most kids’ vitamins available in stores. Not so fast.
Because Dr. Hank designed this multivitamin for everyone, including adults. How do I know? Because he told me: he takes these chewables himself!
How does it work? You simply take two (2) tablets per 20 pounds of body weight—up to six tablets—for kids. But since most older kids and adults weigh more than 60 pounds, you can take 8–10+ tablets and approximate the nutrition you would get from your regular adult vitamin. How cool is that!
Scalable dosing works well for people who don’t like swallowing capsules or tablets, or who prefer a good-tasting chewable. And who doesn’t, sometimes? It is especially useful for traveling because the entire family can use it.
In my case, I usually take four capsules per day of Hank & Brian’s Mighty Multi-Vite! , which my favorite adult multivitamin, and the inspiration for creating the Kids Mighty-Multi!. Yet, there are many days when I thrill to the taste of the new chewable kids multivitamin—knowing I get a significant amount of nutritional value. That means a lot. A lot of goodness. And not much to worry about.
CHOOSE KIDS MIGHTY-MULTI!
You’ve got choices. You can go online or to your local natural market, pharmacy, or big box store and fill up on whatever kids vitamins you find. Take your chances. Or you can try Kids Mighty-Multi! to discover how good a children’s multivitamin can (and should) be—a truly superior formula.
Choose our awesome kids multivitamin. Dr. Hank did his job. We’re 110% confident it meets—or exceeds—the needs and expectations of your child, and likely you, too. And definitely those of your clients, if you’re a health professional.
Of course, you’ve got a brain. But this choice is a “no-brainer.” Go for Kids Mighty Multi!. Your kids will never go back to their old multivitamin. And they’ll be healthier for it.
SOURCES & RESOURCES
Dr. Frank’s No-Aging Diet
by Benjamin S. Frank, MD, PhD
“Oxygen free radical scavenging abilities of vitamins C and E, and a grape seed proanthocyanidin extract in vitro.” Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol. 95(2):179-89.
(Study includes mannitol benefits)